Saturday, April 2, 2011

20 Days of Blogging?

Soooo, Kurn decided to take up Spellbound's 20 Days of Blogging challenge.  I thought it sounded interesting, so I took a look at it.  The trouble is that some of the items in the challenge may make for some pretty short blogs, either because I don't have much to say about it or because, as in the case of Day 1, I may not want to say too much.  (Then again, I've been known to be able to write pages and pages when I didn't think I had anything to say.)

But I think I'll give it a go.

Day 1:  Introduce Yourself

I thought I had done something like this way back when I started the blog.  But I guess it is pretty sparse.  I had some concerns about privacy, so I kept it very, very simple.  I've mentioned more along the way, though, so I guess I don't mind giving out a little more information.

You can call me Anachan or Ana for short.  I have been withTempest on Gorgonnash server for coming up on three years and have been the healing lead for almost a year.  In my past, I have played moonkin and tanked in raids, but I am much better at healing and vastly prefer it.  (Ok, that tanking episode was probably a big mistake . . . but I can at least say I've done it and I understand a bit about the challenges tanks face.)

I am a 40-something married female living in the American southwest, close to the Mexican border.  I have five daughters--yes, five, and they are all girls--ranging in age from 16 to almost 8.  We belong to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (commonly called the Mormons.)  When I was 21, I served an 18-month mission for my church, in Osaka, Japan.  I am not fluent in Japanese, as I once was, but I do still teach my children a little here and there.

Someone once told me I should come with a warning label, because I do not appreciate profanity (yay, profanity filter), so I put one in my guild forum signature:  "Politically conservative, religiously Mormon.  Now you know."  Really, neither one comes up in conversations, unless someone asks me questions in whispers, which is appropriate.  But the statement defines a lot about me.

I do work, but I am not really going to go into what I do.  Mostly it's a bunch of on-line research and paperwork.  My degree, however, was in physics education.  I started in physics, then decided I didn't see myself in a lab, so switched my focus to secondary ed.  I never did end up teaching on contract in a classroom, but I did end up teaching my children at home for five years after my 2nd daughter exhibited autistic traits which her school could not manage.  So that degree did not go to waste.  (The girls are now in a different public school, where they are famous for their mathetmatics ability, but my 2nd daughter will come home at the end of this school year to study for the GED, because of the harrassment of her classmates.)

I don't watch a lot of TV or movies, but I do the odd bit of reading.  Recently, I got a Thunderbolt, so I've been enjoying free books for the Kindle app.  I like listening to custom music channels on Pandora.  I like various crafts, from knitting to lacemaking (vestiges of when I played with the Society for Creative Anachronism) to embroidery.  And, obviously, I like to write and create cheesy poetry.  (Used to take myself a lot more seriously, lol . . .)

That's probably more than enough for now.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment