Sunday, April 17, 2011

Day 16: Things I Miss (Post Cataclysm)

I miss the old Guild Relations Forum.  I think we lost a lot of good contributors when it disappeared and then reappeared in another form, quite a while later.

I miss the Wrath healing style.  On the bright side, however, I can just accept that I won't always top the meters and focus on doing my job.  There were times in Wrath when, if the Druids weren't topping the meters, we were probably doing something wrong.  I tend to assign myself to tank healing because I have a defined success:  if the tank lives, and if I live, I've succeeded, no matter what the meters say.  (We have/had one Resto Druid who consistently showed higher on the meters than I do.  I suspected he was tossing heals in quadrants other than his assignments, so I just started assigning him raid healing, since he was going to do it anyway.  It's called "playing to his strengths," *ahem*.  Not sure how he managed to maintain his mana through it all.)

I miss the Stormwind Park.  I remember training there while leveling, and it was always nice and peaceful, as if I had a little bit of the Moonglade stuck in the middle of the city.  It's sad they chose to have Deathwing destroy it, but I guess it really was the part of the city which would affect the game least by its destruction.

I miss not having to follow quest chains in a certain area "just so".  True, the story lines are tighter, which is nice, but it reduces the individuality available.  (What if you just don't want to do xyz that day?  You're kind of stuck, unless you go play on a different character or in a different zone.)

Really, I've become used to the fact that the game changes.  Why dwell on what I miss when whatever I miss is gone and there's nothing I can do about it?

No comments:

Post a Comment