Thursday, April 14, 2011

Day 13: People (players/bloggers) That I Admire

There are several people whom I respect and admire, but I will only mention a few here.  Not too surprisingly, the ones which come to mind first are those with qualities I do not possess, but wish I did.

Evol and Rhaina are two players who played a large role in the Guild Relations Forum.  Evol, I believe, still posts on the new version.  I don't think I've seen Rhaina lately, but I haven't been following as closely as I used to do.  Evol has great insight and took the time to put together references so people could take advantage of the resources available there.  Rhaina was a female guild leader, older than me, with real life experience she applied successfully to guild leadership.  Through her, I learned a lot of basic leadership principles which I may or may not apply successfully.  I admire these two because they were able to discern the root of a problem and offer good advice without passing judgement on the person asking the question.  I hope that I will be able to learn this and apply it not only to my duties as a healing lead, but also in my real life, with my children.

The other person I will mention is my guild leader, Namelessone.  (Really, I am not trying to curry favor, lol.)  In the time I have known him, he has always been fair in his dealings with people, as well as merciful.  He believes the best in people until they prove they do not deserve it, and he is willing to give people more than one chance.  (This is the biggest complaint against him by those who are more competitive.)  He is also calm and reasonable when dealing with problems.  There have been times when I have been somewhat upset and venting about something, and he has come back with a thoughtful question putting the issue into perspective. 

I think you can tell from these that I value wisdom and the ability to make clear evaluations and decisions.  Maybe someday I will pick up a bit of these qualities here and there.

No comments:

Post a Comment