Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Day 11: Bad Habits and Flaws

Bad habits and flaws?  You expect me to admit these?

I've already mentioned the movement and clicking aspects with which some people may take issue.  I'm not sure they are totally bad habits, though, given the healing tools and role.

One bad habit is that in the first hour of raid, I may not be paying as close attention as I should be doing.  This is because I may be coaching my second daughter through her homework.  (Remember, her desk faces mine for a reason.)  Fortunately, that hour usually consists of trash and farm bosses, so it's not really a big deal.  But, really, coaching my daughter is more important.

One of my biggest flaws is that I am loyal to a fault.  Sometimes my husband has asked me if my loyalty has been well-placed, which really is the $64,000 question.  To be honest, the worst thing a guild can do to me is to prove that my loyalty in them was misplaced.  Overnight, I can turn from being the most staunch, stalwart person to being gone.  (This is what happened with The Shadow Guards, way back on Warsong.  I was the third longest member of the guild at that point, and when it hit me in the face, I turned around and left.)  On the flip side, I absolutely bristle if someone tries to speak against my guild/friend/family/etc.  (The bad part about this is that sometimes the person might be speaking truth, and I have a hard time seeing it.)

I am also a horrible housekeeper, and my daughter management skills need work.  Housekeeping seems to be an exercise in futility:  no matter how well I do it, it has to be done again the next day.  (Can you sense a bit of procrastination here?)  If I was a really good manager, I wouldn't have to worry about the housekeeping, because, as the Country Bunny in the old story, I'd have my kids doing a good deal of it.  And sometimes I try.  But I get so tired of cajoling, persuading, threatening, or whatever else I have to do to get them to do stuff, after they've come home from school and I've come home from work, that it just doesn't seem worth the effort.  (And, after all, I want them to like being home--to feel it is a haven.  Therein lies the quandary.)  I've recently started working a 4-10 work schedule, just so I can have an extra day off to work on my house.  The girls only have a 4-day school week, so they are home, as well, and I can get them to help out.
I'm pretty sure I have more.  But I think this is enough for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment