Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Vuhdo Configuration

I used to be a die-hard Grid+Clique healer.  And then came the patch day when Grid was not updated in time for raid.

To be honest, it was the second such patch day.  The first time, most of the healers were in a panic.  We had no idea how we were going to be able to do anything in the way of progression if we did not have the tools we were used to using.  So when the second time came around, I did not sit and wait for Grid.  Noticing Vuhdo had been updated that day, I downloaded it.

I was lucky enough to find a great blog (written in Troll, lol) which walked me through my initial configuration.  (The last time I tried to find that blog, the link was broken, so I do not know if it is still available to new Vuhdo users, or I'd gladly link to it.)  I managed to get everything I wanted configured in time for raid, while some other healers were still bemoaning the lack of a Grid update.

I recommended Vuhdo to a telecommuting co-worker, who had asked for advice to pass on to a friend starting a Druid.  Then, later on, she decided to start a Druid, herself, and asked for help in configuring Vuhdo for a Restoration Druid.  Unfortunately, we were unable to get together during her brief visit at the company location.

So I came up with another solution:  I made a page about it and e-mailed the link to her.

Vuhdo Configuration for a Resto Druid

As I said, I'm no expert, but this is what has worked for me.  It creates an interface which is "good enough" to operate decently as a raiding Resto Druid.

Creating the page has an additional benefit, for me:  I now have an on-line repository of the changes I made, so if I have to configure Vuhdo on an additional computer for my use, I can just look up my settings and go my merry way.  /smile

No comments:

Post a Comment