Wednesday, March 16, 2011

I Bow In Reverence

I love a good, creative, or well-crafted piece of writing, as I very rarely achieve this myself.

I'm the sort of person who should probably have majored in English, but didn't.  I've always been a writer of (bad) poetry, essays, and journalling.  I appreciate the feel and the taste of words on my tongue, thrilling to the musical melodies of alliteration or being caught up in the colorful imagery the writer paints on the page.  Certain pieces of writing (mostly poetry or Beryl Markham's "West With the Night", which Ernest Hemingway said put him to shame) inspire me to read them aloud just so I can taste the words.

When I followed a link from the WoW forums today to this piece, I wasn't expecting a whole lot, but my expectations were by far exceeded.  Call me a geek--I embrace the title--but I loved the way this post was constructed, and the way the authors phrased their responses in the context of the game, with a little RP thrown in sideways.  It was fun!

I hope you enjoy reading the article as much as I did.  (But if you don't, that's all right, too.  My husband laughs at me when I start crying at the appreciation of a turn of phrase, so it won't hurt my feelings if you laugh, too.)

No comments:

Post a Comment