Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Kudos to my Fellow Druids!

For a very long time, I had been wearing the cloak off KT in Naxx 25. Yes, with the opening of ICC, this means I was wearing a piece of gear about 3 tiers down on my back. Now, don't get me wrong--it's a great cloak--but after Ulduar, I started looking to upgrade it.

The best cloak upgrades pre-ICC were in ToC25 Beasts and the Heroic version thereof. (I won't even list the tribute chest cloak, which was so far out of my reach it might as well have not been created.) Every time we downed Beasts, I'd hold my breath just a little and be disappointed when no cloak appeared. Once it finally showed up in Heroic, but another player was in line for it according to our loot system, and so I had to be satisfied with waiting a while longer.

When ICC came out, I did my customary search for gear and listed what I would hope to get. There was a reasonable cloak to be had for Frost Emblems, but it was equipped with crit, and I was hoping for haste, as was on the Beasts cloaks. But Saurfang (25) dropped a cloak with haste, and that ended up being the one I put on my wish list.

Last night, Saurfang dropped the cloak. The names of people interested started being listed . . . and I was ahead of them according to our loot list. At last! I would be able to upgrade my ancient cloak! But then one other player put his name in--Supremus, our beloved moonkin--and he was ahead of me. I sighed and ported back to Dalaran with the rest of the raid.

Over Druid chat, I commented that someday, I really would be able to upgrade my cloak. When Supremus saw which cloak I was wearing, he graciously spoke with the loot master and passed in my favor.

Alphadark, my companion in tree healing, was excited I had finally gotten my long-hoped-for cloak upgrade, and he volunteered enchanting mats and a gem to complete the set-up.

So with the help of my very good Druidic friends, the old cloak is now upgraded, and I am excited to help them get their upgrades. (Alphadark is hoping for the neck upgrade next . . .)

Thank you, guys!!

No comments:

Post a Comment