Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Baby Druid

"Why would you want to make another Druid?" my husband asked.  "Why don't you raise a different class?"

"Well, Honey, I have made baby characters of every class except Death Knight, and I just like the Druid best."

My motivation for rolling another lowbie character was just to have something to play for giggles and grins, on a server which had the reputation of being one of the most friendly servers out there.  No pressure to level . . . no pressure to reach end-game . . . just a baby character to run around and explore the world, in an environment where I didn't have to worry about her being stomped into the ground by other players. (RP server, rather than a PVP one.)

In this different environment, I've decided to take a somewhat different route.  I'm questing in the areas I skipped before:  Ashenvale and Stormtalon Mountains, for instance.  These are areas where on PVP servers, little Night Elves had to worry about being whacked with impunity by any Horde player passing by on a regular basis.  They are also areas with difficult travel--long distances and limited options for paths.  But with the lower riding requirements, the travel has ceased to be a real issue.  And since I'm not worrying about rushing to endgame, I can take my time completing the quests I didn't do the first time around.

I've also decided I'm going to gain some tanking experience on the way up.  To be honest, I'm a little nervous about this.  I'm not sure of all my tools as a lower-level feral Druid, and I'm worried that I won't be as effective a tank as, say, a warrior.  When I think of this, though, I figure that it just means the other low-level characters will have to return to basics, as well--don't pull aggro, plan pulls, and so forth.  (We get so used to being overpowered for instances that we get sloppy sometimes in endgame.)  So one of these days, when I have some time, I'm going to take a deep breath and take my level 25 Druid to . . . Deadmines!!  (One which she will be on the upper end of the scale and so may possibly have the leeway to make a mistake or two while learning . . .)

Because when all is said and done, no matter the role, I still do like the Druid best.

No comments:

Post a Comment